Have you ever had the desire to speak at a conference but been put off from submitting content because you think you are not worthy?
Here is something that might shock you. Even professional speakers were in your shoes at their beginning.
You are not born into public speaking and you don’t suddenly become World renowned overnight. It all starts here. Right now, your decision to go for it and put your name in the hat to speak!
At Commsverse we fully support new talent. The most important value we look for in a potential speaker is their passion and enthusiasm for Microsoft Teams. If you have this value and a strong urge to share your experiences, then you are already a Commsverse Speaker!
We do realise that standing up, on stage in front of hundreds of people is a very daunting prospect for you. Stage fright is a real fear and is nothing to be ashamed or scared of. The fear of not being able to deliver your session as you hoped, or the fear of making a fool of yourself can be so strong that it prevents you from even trying.
Here’s another secret. Remember, the audience is there to learn from you. Not to make fun of you or pick fault in you. You are the expert in the room.
But words and statements aren’t enough to overcome these challenges for many. We can say we support new talent and encourage you to take a chance. However, what happens if you get selected? Your fear only escalates into anxiety as now your dream has suddenly become closer to reality.
We get that. That’s why we don’t just stop at offering you the chance to speak.
New Speaker Sponsorship Program
The New Speaker Sponsorship Program is aimed at specifically speakers who have not spoken at a conference before who feel they could benefit from some additional support.
- Pairing with a buddy. We pair you with an experienced speaker who is there to answer any questions you have on what to expect, how to deal with situations etc.
- Dedicated 1:1 support with conference mentor with content review and guidance throughout
- Practice sessions with mentor prior to the event with role play and feedback
- 10 hours of 1:1 coaching with a professional public speaking vocal coach to prepare you for your big moment
This program is available to anyone who has not spoken at a conference before (user groups do not count as a conference).
Your session must be chosen as an official session on the Commsverse agenda as a community session (i.e. you are not speaking on behalf of a paid sponsor).
We only have funding available for up to 5 placements this year. Priority will be given to new speakers who are delivering an in-person session.
How to Apply
- The first step is to submit your content in our public call for speakers. If you need assistance in how to submit your session, please email us [email protected]
- Wait to find out if your session has been selected as an official session.
- Get in touch with the event organisers to apply for your place