Terms and Conditions of Registration
By registering for a ticket or access to a Commsverse event you agree to the following conditions of entry.
- Access to the event you have registered for in accordance with your ticket type will be provided to you by Commsverse. This ticket does not grant you or give you the rights to attend any other event, online or in-person other than the one stipulated on your registration unless stipulated otherwise.
- FREE entry tickets do not hold any monetary value and cannot be transferred to another event or person.
- FREE events are organised and run as Commsverse deems necessary. The ticket holder does not have any rights to guaranteed entry as tickets are oversold to maximise turnout. Commsverse reserves the right to refuse entry to free ticket holders if their systems or venue have reached full capacity. Entry is granted on a first come, first served basis.
- Paid events guaratee the ticket holder admission in line with the entry requirements stated on the ticket. Paid events are pre-booked only, no admission to non-ticket holders at the door.
- Tickets, FREE or PAID cannot be shared between people. This means you are not permitted to purchase one ticket and for different people to attend different days of the same event.
- If you wish to cancel your ticket, you may do so at any time. Commsverse is not required by law to issue you a refund in situations where the event is still going ahead on the planned date or an alternative. However, Commsverse will refund you if you cancel your ticket within 14 days of the purchase date and the event is more than 30 calendar days away.
- Transferring of a ticket to another person is permitted free of charge up to 30 days before the scheduled date of the event. Changes within 30 days will incur a £25 charge to cover the cost of re-printing conference materials for the new attendee (badges, t-shirt etc)
- Event Cancellation: If the event is cancelled due to Coronavirus or another external situation outside Commsverse’s control, you will be refunded your ticket
- Event Postponement: In the event that an event is postponed, your ticket will be transferred to the next available date. Commsverse reserves the right to alter the event however it deems necessary including, venue, speakers, content and conference features without claimant from the ticket holder.
- Where events are postponed or cancelled, Commsverse is not liable for any travel or other expenses incurred by the ticket holder.
- The ticket holder agrees that their contact information will be shared with Commsverse’s paid sponsors of the event the ticket holder is attending so that they can be sent one follow up email post event with 28 days. The ticket holder agrees to this even if they choose not to attend the event.
Should the ticket holder not wish for their details to be shared in this way, they should not purchase a ticket to the event.
The ticket holder is responsible for unsubscribing to this mail received from the sponsor to prevent receiving further communications from that sponsor after 28 days.
Commsverse is a community event run by the Microsoft Community. All organisers and helpers volunteer their time and effort to organising our events without renumeration or object reward.
We raise the vast majority (90%) of funds necessary to organise such events through sponsorship from businesses that have an interest in the technology we are promoting. The remaining funds come from ticket sales.
Without the investment and support of our sponsors, we would not be able to put on these events for the benefit and enjoyment of you and other community members.
To access certain parts of our digital and physical materials, you will be asked to register your details with us. Upon registering, you shall be granted to the materials promised as a product of your registration.
In order to facilitate registration for an event we will require that you submit information some that is personally identifiable to you as well as non-identifiable information to help with event analytics.
Information that is personally yours may be some, or all of the following types:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your Job Role
- Your Company
- Your Address
- Social Media Profiles
We do not store Credit Card data
We may require this information in order to process your registration or not. This will be detailed in the specific registration form parameters.
Non identifiable information may also be requested, some may be optional and some may be required as part of the terms of registration. We collect this information to understand the current market position and trend to help us and our sponsors plan the event around your expectations. Types of non-identifiable information are:
- Size of Your Company
- Your Interests
- Your Event Objectives
- Your RSVPs to sessions
- Your Usage of Website Tracking Links
How We Use Your Data
Your personal information is used to create a user account on our systems and to process any associated payments. This allows us to customise your experience and grant you the required access to our platforms.
We use your contact data to communicate with you on the progress of events that you are registered for, or we think that interest you in the future. We may communicate with you by Phone, E-mail or Post.
We use your non-identifiable information for market analysis and reporting on usages across our systems. The use of tracking links and RSVP data is anonymised and aggregated so that we can report on how many times a link has been clicked by all our users or how many people RSVP’d to a session or event.
How We Store Your Data
Your data is stored securely on our systems. This includes website databases secured from public access with complex passwords and in our Microsoft 365 tenant which is secured by design with MFA and conditional access protections.
Sharing of Your Data
As mentioned, our sponsors are our main source of funding. In return, you agree to share some of your data with them so that they are able to send you a follow up communication post event. By signing up to any event that has sponsors, this will always be the case.
If you object to this, please do not register for our events.
Data will only be shared with the sponsors of the specific event you have registered for and will be done once post event. Sponsors will not have access or the ability to request a duplicate copy of event data.
The data we share with our sponsors is:
- Your Name
- Your E-mail Address
- Your Company Name
- Your Job Role
- Non-Personal Market Data
We do not share your postal address or any other information that can identify you.
We may share aggregated and anonymised data with other businesses to assist us in gaining additional sponsorship for future events. This may include, but not limited to:
- Total number of registrations per event
- Total number of RSVPs to Sessions
- Total number of clicks on specific links
- Total number of page and website visits
- Total number of visitors per country
Controlling Your Data
You have the right to request a complete copy of all the data we store about you. You can do this by emailing [email protected] with the subject title: GDPR Information Request. Please allow us 7 days to process your request.
You may also require us to delete some or all the data we store that is personal to you. Please let us know by emailing [email protected] with the subject title: DELETE MY INFO. You will receive confirmation of deletion within 7 days. Depending on the data erasure request, you may lose some or all access to our systems including items you may have paid for.
Retention of Your Data
We retain your data to maintain your access to some of our systems to make your future interaction with us easier. For instance, access to our websites for future event registrations.
Post event, you may lose access to some systems as a result of the event closing. If this is the case, the data held on those systems is deleted.